Looking for ideas to celebrate Valentines Day with your little sweethearts? We’ve got 10 fun ways to celebrate Valentines Day as a family, everyone will feel the love!
- Go on a Family Valentine’s Day date. Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to be all about romance. Use this time for the entire family to get dressed up and try a new restaurant or hit the road and go on a new adventure.
- Make a memorable meal. Create family traditions children will remember for the rest of their lives. Everyone can pick a food they love, make them ALL for dinner. You can do this every Valentine’s Day.
- Bake a special Valentine’s treat. Get out your aprons and whip up a special Valentine’s treat for the family to enjoy after your special dinner.
- Say “I Love You”. Go around the table and have everyone share 1 reason they love each member of the family.
- Create your own Valentine’s Day decorations together. Save the decorations and pull them out each year. You can make heart shaped paper chains to hang around the house, a heart shaped paper plate wreath to hang on the door or simply cut out colourful hearts and tape them around your home or on the windows.
- Make some Valentines and spread the love. Load up on pink & red paper, doilies, hearts etc. and make some Valentines to hand out to friends, family, and neighbours.
- Snuggle up for a family movie night. Agree on a movie, grab some blankets, pillows, and cozy up on the couch together.
- Have a Valentines Day photo shoot. Dress up, use props and the decorations you made and have a family photo shoot.
- A special Valentines game night. Play some Valentine’s Day themed games and activities together Valentine’s games for kids.
- Valentine’s Day reading at the library. Head to the library and check out the Valentines Day books, curl up and read them there together or check them out and read them at home.
Happy Valentine’s Day!