Spring is here, the days are getting sunnier and the weather is slowly warming up. After being cooped up inside for most of the winter it’s nice to finally be able to get outside.
The possibilities are endless when it comes to outdoor play, which is why Wee Watch Providers and children are more than happy to get outside and explore everyday.
Here are 25 great outdoor activities that will get children outside and keep them entertained for hours.
- Ride your bike or scooter.
- Go to the local park playground.
- Go on a spring hike and look for signs of spring.
- Go fly a kite.
- Draw with sidewalk chalk.
- Prep the garden and plant something.
- Grab your rubber boots and play in the puddles or the mud.
- Visit a local park and go bird spotting.
- Play in a sandbox.
- Go on a Bug Hunt.
- Go throw a Frisbee.
- Have a picnic.
- Play hopscotch.
- Have a backyard toy car wash.
- Paint with a fly swatter
- Make your own outdoor Tic-Tac-Toe Game
- Play catch or soccer with a beach ball.
- Stack and balance rocks
- Make mud pies
- Find shapes in the clouds.
- Make and blow Giant homemade bubbles
- Have a Nature Tea Party
- Make Twirling Ribbon Sticks and play in the wind.
- Make some home made Bird Feeders.
- Paint the sidewalk with water.
Play safe and don’t forget to apply sunscreen before heading outside.