If you have children in school then you know that March Break is coming up! If you are lucky, maybe you have some time off work to spend with your children. Whether you have the whole week off or just a few days, you may need to come up with new ways to keep those little ones busy through the week.
Things to do this March Break:
- Explore your town/city: you can google “free activities during March Break 2015” in your town/city. You will be surprised at the number of things going on.
- Check into a Hotel: if you can’t get away far or for too long, check into a local hotel with a pool for one or 2 nights. It’s a new place, time away from home and has a POOL!
- Pinterest: Check out the Wee Watch Pinterest page for arts, crafts, activities, recipes, books, and more to keep you and your children entertained www.pinterest.com/Wee_Watch/
- Winter Activities: Spring is around the corner so enjoy some of the many winter activities Canada has to offer while you still can; skating, sledding, tubing, snowshoeing, skiing and just playing in the snow.
- Go to the Movies: During March Break theatres have matinee showings. Find a movie you can all agree on that is family appropriate and spend an afternoon at the movies.
- Have a theme day: Research different themes; beach day, Camp out, or Indoor Teddy Bear Picnic choose one and then plan your special day.
- Visit the local Library: Visiting the library could take as long or as little as you like. There are always things happening at the library and tons of books and other things to explore.
- Visit the Capital of Ontario-Toronto: Whether you make a day trip or stay the night, Toronto has so many interesting and educational attractions to explore in the city and the GTA:
- March Break at the Toronto Zoo (Toronto): March Break at the zoo is daily from 10am – 2pm check the link for the complete schedule www.torontozoo.com/marchbreak/
- The Ontario Science Centre (Toronto): An interactive experience with science and technology www.ontariosciencecentre.ca
- Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada (Toronto): Explore multiple aquatic exhibits including a walk through tank filled with sharks, stingrays, and so many other species of fish. www.ripleyaquariums.com/canada/
- The CN Tower (Toronto): Visit one of the 7 wonders of the modern world and one of the tallest freestanding structures. www.cntower.ca
- The Hockey Hall of Fame (Toronto): Experience the spirit of hockey! You try shooting on net, test your goalkeeping skills or pose for a photo with the Stanley Cup. The Hockey Hall of Fame also offers extended hours during March Break www.hhof.com
- Casaloma (Toronto): Step back in time as you explore a Medieval Castle www.casaloma.org/index.gk
- Royal Ontario Museum – ROM (Toronto): Visit one of the largest Museums in North America and explore culture and history of the world. www.rom.om.ca
- Legoland (Vaughan): Over 3 million Lego bricks under one roof! Be sure to purchase tickets online ahead of time to guarantee entry as it is a busy place www.legolanddiscoverycentre.ca
Whatever you decide to do, have a fun and safe March Break and enjoy the time together!