The days are getting colder and snowier but that’s no reason to stay indoors and hibernate all winter. Winter not only brings snow and cold but a variety of great activities, winter getaways and festivals the whole family can enjoy. Whether you are looking to stay close to home or you want to travel and explore a new place, there is something for everyone.
Each festival is unique, but some common things you may find are; Holiday lights, tree lighting, parades, hot chocolate, wagon rides, skating, carolers, horse drawn sleigh rides, live music and more.
Here is a list of just a few current and upcoming events in Ontario this holiday season.
- Toronto Cavalcade of Lights – Nathan Phillips Square, Toronto – Saturday November 29, 2014
- Winter Festival of Lights in Niagara Falls – Now until January 12, 2015
- Winter Fireworks Displays – Niagara Falls – Dec 5, 12, 19, 22, 23, 24,25,26 at 9pm
- Celebration of Lights – Centennial Park, Sarnia – Now until December 31, 2014
- Candyland – Central Park, Cambridge – Saturday December, 2014
- Jingles & Joy – Blue Mountain Village – Saturdays in December
- Christmas Lights Across Canada – Ottawa, downtown – now until January 7, 2015
- River Lights Winter Festival – Amherstburg – Now until December 30
Check the link for a complete listing of festivals and events across Ontariohttps://www.festivalsandeventsontario.ca/
Are you looking to do something new or different? Here are some suggestions throughout Ontario.
Unique Skating Experiences:
- Natrel Rink – The most scenic rink in the city – 235 Queens Quay West, Toronto. Saturday nights are Dj Skate nights. Check the website for location, hours and events https://tinyurl.com/lgyk87t
- The Ice Trail at Arrowhead Provincial Park – The ice trail is 1.5 km long and is set amidst the snow covered trees. Check the website for location, hours and costs https://tinyurl.com/pn5dgwk
- Rideau Canal Skateway – Skate through the heart of Ottawa on the 7.8km skateway. https://tinyurl.com/kemf2wj
- Blue Mountain Village – Largest Pedestrian village in Ontario – all kinds of holiday and winter activities, accommodation’s available as well as shopping, spas, restaurants and more.https://www.bluemountain.ca/index.htm
- Haliburton Forrest – visit the Wolf Centre, go snowmobiling or Dog Sledding. https://www.haliburtonforest.com/
- Deerhurst Resort – Huntsville, ON – Accommodation’s available as well as a variety of winter activities. https://www.deerhurstresort.com/winter-activities.htm
- Horseshoe – Barrie, On – Accommodation’s available as well as a variety of winter activitieshttps://www.horseshoeresort.com/