Without a doubt the most recognizable symbol of Halloween is a pumpkin carved into a jack-o-lantern. When you have little ones that want to be part of this fun annual tradition, you may be weary about carving pumpkins.
Here are some awesome carve-free pumpkin decorating ideas that will turn pumpkin carving into a fun family activity for all ages.
1. Finger Painting. You can just finger paint away or you can prepare stencils, stick them onto the pumpkin, finger-paint the pumpkin, then remove the stencils to reveal a pattern.
2. Chalkboard Pumpkin. Cover pumpkins in chalkboard paint. Once they are dry, give little ones chalk to design their pumpkins.This is a great idea because little ones can change up their design as often as they want by wiping it with a damp cloth.
3. Pumpkin Head. Do your children play with Mr. Potato Head? Children can use their Mr. Potato Head pieces to decorate their pumpkins.
4. Paint a Pumpkin. Give children a paintbrush, paint and pumpkins, big and small and let them paint it however they want, as colourful as they want. It may be messy but they will enjoy this craft.
5. Foam Shapes. You can buy packages of fun foam shapes or cut out your own using foam sheets. Children can select the shapes and colours they want to use and stick them all over the pumpkin.
6. Pom-Pom Pumpkins. Children of all ages can glue pom-poms to a plain or painted pumpkin. Create a pattern, image or just make it colourful.
Wishing you and your little ones a happy and safe Halloween!